Saturday, September 27, 2008

I Am A Movie Star (Very Famous)

Friends, have YOU been in a film made by an Academy Award winning director? Because I have. I expect to be hob-nobbing with celebrities every day now that I am super crazy famous and oh so sexy cool. Lindsay Lohan will have sex with me once she gets over her little lesbian phase for you see, I am a world class superstar. I really think I should have my own IMDb page now.

Are you familiar with a little director named Jonathan Demme? You should be! He won an Academy Award for the film The Silence of The Lambs, one of only three films that has ever swept the Academy's top 5 awards (Director, Film, Actor, Actress, Screenplay). If I had to make a list of things I have in common with Academy Award winning actor and known fava bean enthusiast, Anthony Hopkins, it would begin with "We both love Dr. Pepper" (Sir Hopkins' love of the fizzy beverage is well documented). But it would end with
"We are both megastars appearing in Jonathan Demme films."

Being an international movie star and celebrity, I have decided I need new and better friends and everyone reading this is officially dead to me. World class superstars and bon vivants such as myself no longer require this "Face Book" and anyone worth knowing does not use such a contrivance. Friends, I have transcended to a higher plane of existence for I, me, the lovable rapscallion you all know and love, am a world class movie star, appearing in (probably should be credited as starring in...) a world famous movie from world class director, Jonathan Demme.

You see, I once worked for a little known publishing house called Simon & Schuster. They are a two bit operation, publishing nobodies like Stephen King (who??) and a series of books based on something called "Star Trek" (what??). I am much much more famous than the company, this so-called "King," and these Star Treks. I am a world class film star and acclaimed martial artist (can you prove that I am not?). While working at S&S (as the kids call it) I had the opportunity to aid in book signings with one notable former president named Jimmy Carter. Perhaps you've heard of him? He won the Nobel Peace Prize. He is also my best friend and movie star buddy.

World class director Jonathan Demme created a delightful little documentary about President Carter called "Jimmy Carter: Man From Plains." The film is a light-hearted romp telling the story of a senile former peanut farmer who goes around talking about stuff. I don't know, I haven't seen the whole thing, nor would I care enough to ever watch the entire film. But friends, this movie, THIS MASTERPIECE, marks my debut into the Hollywood scene! Yes, it came out last year and you have probably never heard of it (the hoi polloi never hear about the really important and good movies; how many movies nominated for Oscars did you see last year? that's what I thought...). But! I am actually the star of the film. They should have called it "Dan Mulhall: Man-God From Awesometown" because it would have been absolute gangbusters at the box office since I now have a legion of adoring fans.

This film, this opus, features my amazing talents ON THE SCREEN for a full 2 seconds. Please remember that movie star and ass kicking machine Jean Claude Van Dam got his big break from a 2 second role in some movie I am too lazy to look up. I can only assume my career will have a similar path and in no time I will be starring in "Universal Soldier: The Return, The Other Return Different From the Last One."

I highly recommend everyone run out and buy multiple copies of the film, and only watch from minute 26 to minute 27. This is the best part of the film and the only part that matters. The rest is boring and stupid, unless I am in it again which I might be, I don't know. Movie stars do not watch their own movies.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0913958/ Check it out.